Obama foundation scholars program 2018
University of Chicago is calling for applications for Obama Foundation Scholars Program for international students who wish to earn a Master of Arts degree on International Development and Policy at the University of Chicago Harris School of Public Policy.
The Obama Foundation and the University of Chicago Harris School of Public Policy is the public policy school of the University of Chicago in Chicago, Illinois, United States.
It shares a goal of ensuring that talented young people around theworld can build the skills they need to advance their work as active citizens and to make a real impact in their communities.
Offers are available for pursuing Master of Arts degree programme.
Field of study:
Scholarships are for the field of International Development and Policy.
- Free tuition, expenses and all travel costs for these experiences.
- provides a monthly living stipend.
- funding for books and course materials, and opportunities to experience unique out-of-the-classroom programming.
To be taken in(Country):
Scholarship Number :
International students are eligible to apply.
University is seeking emerging leaders from around the world who meet the following criteria:
- Significant work experience (typically 3-5 years or more) and professional accomplishments with a clear trajectory of increasing impact.
- Demonstrate record of community service or working for the public good, either through a full-time professional role or significant engagement outside of primary employment.
- Possess a clear focus on a global challenge or policy issue.
- A clear commitment to return to and reinvest your new skills in your community after the program concludes.
- International students require a test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) scores.
10th April 2018
All applicants must complete the online application and include the following, which are requirements for applying for the Harris MA-IDP and participation in Obama Foundation Scholars Program:
- Transcripts: You may submit unofficial transcripts through the electronic application process; however, official transcripts will be required upon admission for enrolling students. Please submit transcripts for all prior academic work from any institution of higher education.
- Test Scores: Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) scores is a requirement for international students.
- Work Experience: Please include current and prior positions, preferably demonstrating 3–5 or more years of work experience, the nature of your job, and responsibilities. You may upload a current resume reflecting this information along with your education, community service, professional honors, and any other relevant information.
- Letters of Recommendation: University will prefer to have at least one reference from a previous professor who can speak to your academic background and preparedness for graduate studies. Those making a recommendation should submit letters through the electronic application. (Your references will receive an email requesting a recommendation.)
- Short Essay Responses: Tell us about your current work (which may be your employment or your significant volunteer activity). In answering, please describe the concrete impact – however you define impact – your current work is having. Why have you chosen this work? What are the challenges you have faced in this work and how have you sought to overcome them? (400 words or fewer); What impact do you want to have on the world? How would becoming an Obama Foundation Scholar help you achieve this? What do you plan to do after the Obama Foundation Scholars Program? What will you do if you are not selected? (300 words or fewer)
How to Apply for Obama Foundation Scholarship
Applicants will submit a single application for the Harris MA-IDP and the Obama Foundation Scholarship
To apply for Obama foundation scholarship programme click here.
For more information about the scholarship visit the scholarship link