This is to notify all undergraduates that the MTN Foundation Scholarship 2019 has commenced. The MTN Foundation scholarship is for students studying in public tertiary institutions (universities, polytechnics, and colleges of education) in Nigeria. With pleasure, we bring to you the full guidelines needed for you to successfully apply for the scholarship.
This article will also answer some of the question such as; when will mtn start 2019 scholarship application?, When is MTN Foundation Scholarship 2019 Deadline?, What are the requirements?, MTN Foundation Scholarship 2019/2020 Application link…and so on. Well, keep reading to see the answers to your question.
Brief About MTN Foundation Scholarship
The MTN Nigeria Foundation Limited by Guarantee (MTNF Ltd/Gte) was established by MTN Nigeria Communications Limited in July 2004 to drive MTN Nigeria’s Corporate Social Investment (CSI) initiatives aimed at improving the quality of lives in communities across the country.
MTN Nigeria Foundation Science and Technology Scholarship Scheme Project Description
- Since inception of the Scheme, MTNF has invested N1,690,800,000 in the scholarships to date
- The scholarship award is worth N200,000.00 (Two Hundred Thousand Naira only) per student for the duration of one academic year and covers tuition, textbook allowance and stipend.
- Application for the 2019/2020 session is now open and the scholarship had connected +2700 people by vision and excellence. In addition, scholarships Will also be renewed for the existing students who have maintained a minimum Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) of 3.5 or its equivalent (second class upper/upper credit).
MTN Foundation Scholarship Application Requirement
The students must be in their third year at the time of application, ie they must be in 300L now admission set.
- Applicants from public Universities and Colleges of Education in Nigeria must be full-time undergraduates in 300 level/3rd year.
- Applicants from public Universities and Colleges of Education must have a minimum Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) score of 3.5 or its equivalent (2:1)
- Applicants from public Polytechnics must have a minimum Grade Point Average (GPA) of 3.0 (upper credit) from the Ordinary National Diploma (OND) programme and must have secured admission into the Higher National Diploma programme (HND).
- Direct entry level students must have a minimum Grade Point Average (GPA) of 3.0 (upper credit) from the OND programme and must have secured admission into 300 level/3rd year in a public University.
Eligible Courses For MTN Scholarship
Only applications from students studying any of the following courses will be considered:
- Agric. Extension and Rural Development
- Agricultural Science
- Animal Breeding and Genetics
- Animal Nutrition
- Animal Production and Health
- Aquaculture and Fisheries Management
- Applied Physics
- Chemical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Computer and Electronics
- Computer and Information Science
- Computer and Mathematics
- Computer Engineering
- Computer Science
- Electrical Engineering
- Electrical/Electronics Engineering
- Electronics and Computer Technology
- Electronics Engineering
- Engineering Physics
- Industrial Mathematics
- Industrial Physics
- Information Technology
- Mechanical Engineering
- Metallurgical and Materials Engineering
- Petroleum and Gas Engineering
- Physics Electronics
- Physics/ Computational Modeling
- Pure/ Applied Physics
- Statistics and Computer Science
- System Engineering
Applicants details will be verified and shortlisted candidates will be invited for an assessment test. They will be required to come with 2 recent passport photographs as well as the original and photocopy of the following documents:
- A valid Student ID card
- Any other means of identification (National ID card, International passport or Driver’s license)
- Admission letter from JAMB and institution of study.
- Admission letter for the HND programmes (For Polytechnic students only).
Recommended Seplat Undergraduate Scholarship 2019/2020 Out
How to Apply for MTN Foundation Scholarship 2019
Interested and qualified candidates should visit the Click the link below to get started.
- Candidates are required to upload a copy of their recent passport photograph (maximum file size of 600kb)
- Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted and MTNF bears sole responsibility for final selection of successful beneficiaries.
Two weeks after publication date.